Compost and Yard Waste
The City of Devils Lake provides multiple drop-off locations for compost and yard waste as well as brush and branches during the spring, summer and fall for City residents. Non-City residents can also utilize the drop-off locations for a fee. The following are current drop-off locations and acceptable items for each location:
- Sanitation/Recycling Center (205 2nd St NE)
- Yard waste including organic, biodegradable material from lawn trimming or raking, as well as leaves, vines and garden waste.
- Small branches and brush.
- City Tree Disposal Site (8th Ave SE)
- Large branches, stumps and brush. Dumping must be coordinated with the Sanitation Supervisor.
When dumping compost or yard waste, please remove from any bags and do not throw the bags in the waste pile as they will affect the compost.
Holiday trees will be picked up from resident’s boulevard the first week in January of each year. After the first week in January, all holiday trees should be brought to the Sanitation/Recycling Center for disposal.
- All trees must have the bags and stands removed.
- Place trees where your garbage is to be picked up. Trees are picked up separately from your garbage.
Category: Sanitation & Recycling
More Sanitation & Recycling